Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 22nd 2010

Today I woke up at 5:00 to go to work because surprisingly enough bills don't pay themselves. After a nine hour work day as a helper on a truck I hit the gym and put into action our awesome winter weight lifting program. I finished some Christmas shopping and am now, at 8:00, considering going to sleep for the night.

Fundraising has not been easy, nor has it been too fruitful this Christmas season. I am finding it difficult to compete with the likes of children's Christmas gifts and my draining schedule but the excitement of the oncoming trip to Africa is breathing a lot of life into my family and friends. My mom has been especially excited, willing to spend her birthday celebration looking for boots to summit ol' Killy. (Which I obviously could not allow) She has been researching and shopping for the trip with much of her free time, finding a pair of $400 boots for a fourth of the price but unfortunately these $400 boots would have been good for climbing Everest not so great for Kilimanjaro so back to Ebay they went.

This winter break is moving fast and Christmas is nearly here.
'All the best for the holiday season and thanks for taking the time for being a part of our historic trip to Africa. GO BULLDOGS.

-Eugene (EJ) Walter -97

No comments:

Post a Comment